Your family is the most important thing in your life. Our storm shelters can give you and your family peace of mind, knowing that you’ll be safe no matter what nature brings your way. We hope you’ll never have to use your shelter, but we know you’ll be glad you made the investment.
Our underground steel shelters are designed to fit the needs of your family and the unique characteristics of your home. Our underground garage shelters are the safest, most convenient in the industry. You’ll have access to the shelter at any time, without having to move your car. If you don’t have a garage, our external underground shelters will give your family a safe space without an unsightly hump in the middle of your yard. All our steel shelters are guaranteed not to crack or leak over time so you can rest assured it’s ready for your family if you ever need it.
Steel Safe Shelters Features
- Steel Construction: Our shelters are constructed from 11-gauge steel, stronger than most, to withstand the pressure of anything thrown their way
- Rust/Corrosion Protection: Coal tar epoxy, the same epoxy the US Army Corp of Engineers requires on underwater oil rigs
- Anchors: The highest standard of anchoring and install guidelines in the business
- Fans: All shelters come standard with a battery powered air induction system and battery powered lighting for comfort and safety
- Double Lid System: Underground garage shelter doors are fully contained within the shelter top so you can get out when you need to, and include two entrances/exits.
- Finished for Comfort: Wood, padded benches and white enamel paint that makes the shelter feel brighter and larger
Installing a shelter is less worry than many assume, and can usually be completed in a single day.Call today for a consultation.
About Steel Safe Shelters
We use only SteelSafe Shelters, manufacturer of the strongest shelters we’ve found. Their product line was specially engineered to be the safest, most user-friendly shelter on the market today. SteelSafe Shelters products are 100% USA manufactured and produced in their state-of-the-art Northeast Alabama-based facility. We are proud to work with a manufacturer that produces all of its products in-house and locally.
All SteelSafe Shelters meet or exceed to requirements to qualify for available funding and grants that are available through FEMA, ADEM, or your county EMA. This includes:
- Certified Test Results (Texas Tech Wind, Science, Engineering, & Debris Impact Test)
- Engineer Certified and Stamped Blue Prints and Drawings
- Exceeds FEMA 320/361 guidelines for storm shelters
- Exceeds ICC-500 guidelines for storm shelters
- Exceeds ASTM 330 guidelines for static pressure testing
- 20-year corrosion warranty
The bottom line is you can trust our shelters to keep the most important things in your life safe. Contact us today to learn more.