Winter in Nashville can be treacherous due to ice, high winds, and snow. It can be tough for residents and create harsh conditions for homes and foundations in the Middle Tennessee area. High winds could damage roofs, shingles, and gutters. Cold freezing rain can freeze pipes and increase snow loads. Winter can also cause basement water issues due to melting snow. Once the snow melts, it accumulates and surrounds the foundation. It finds its way through cracks in the foundation, creating flooded basements and water puddles. That’s why important to hire a waterproofing expert to inspect your home for signs of water damage.
The 6 most common causes of winter-related water problems in middle tn:
- Cold Temperatures
- Cold weather conditions can damaged gutters, roofs, and downspouts. Keep gutters clean of debris and leaves so that water can flow away from the home. When the snow melts, clean gutters will prevent water from accumulating around the foundation.
- Frozen Pipes
- Water expands when it freezes and creates pressure on the pipes. This can cause cracked pipes that can result in floods, mold growth, and overall structural damage.
- Malfunctioning Sump Pump
- Freezing water can permanently damage the pump.
- Cracks can occur in foundation walls as well as floors, causing water to seep through and flood the basement.
- Window Wells
- Wells often accumulates snow. If it doesn’t have a water drainage system, it will accumulate water.
- Improper Grade
- Increase the grade of the foundation to allow water to flow away from the foundation, instead of into the basement.
Stop dealing with a wet, damp basement in winter, and get basement waterproofing by Ground Up Foundation Repair. We’ll help keep your home dry and prevent mold growth.
Basement Waterproofing Winter Solution in Nashville, TN
When the snow melts, water can leak into your basement. Surface water collects in the foundation causing hydrostatic pressure against the foundation walls. This results in settlement and cracks in the foundation.
Ground Up Foundation Repair will prepare your home for the cold winter months by installing an adequate water management system for homes in Tennessee.
We offer basement waterproofing methods
- Interior Waterproofing
- This type of system uses a perforated drain pipe that is installed at the perimeter of the footing. The slab edge is removed and replaced to install a drain pipe beneath the slab. This helps drains the area to a lower area. The drainage pipe is connected to a sump pump to remove water away from the foundation. Interior waterproofing is a cost-effective waterproofing method that helps keep water out of your basement.
- Exterior Waterproofing
- Exterior waterproofing uses a waterproofing membrane, a drainage board, drain pipe, sump basin, sump pump and drain pipe fittings to prevent water from reaching your basement walls. All of these components work together to collect water around the foundation.
- Surface Drainage
- A surface drainage system will prevent water from trapping in and around your home. This system consists of a channel drain, catch basin and grates, atrium grates, drainage piping, dry wells, pipe fittings and a pop-up emitter.
- Sump Pumps
- Heavy-duty sump pumps are designed to prevent basement flooding, even during winter. We also offer battery backup sump pumps that will continue to keep your basement dry even during a power outage.
- French Drains
- French drains are designed to lower hydro-static pressure by providing water a different escape route away from your foundation.
All of our basement waterproofing products are made by Earth Contact Products (ECP). Earth Contact Products is the leading manufacturer in the foundation repair and basement waterproofing industry. Safeguard your home before winter with basement waterproofing by Ground Up Foundation Repair. We offer free estimates, so contact us today.