Why Encapsulate Your Crawl Space?
Did you know that approximately 50% of the air you breathe while in your home originates from the crawl space or basement? These are typically the most neglected parts of the home. Proper maintenance and upkeep of your crawl space are crucial to having a healthy home. Crawl space encapsulation may be required.
Crawl spaces can accumulate moisture, water, and humidity. These conditions create a perfect environment for wood rot, insects, mold growth, and other pests. If you do not have a properly encapsulated crawl space, it can lead to serious health problems and overall structural damage to your home.
What is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Crawl space encapsulation means completely covering your crawl space with a heavy-duty polyethylene barrier. This usually includes the foundation walls, the floors, and occasionally the ceiling. For the water vapor barrier to be most effective, it must completely cover your crawl space. The water vapor barrier pieces must be thoroughly connected using sealing tape.
Benefits of Crawl space Encapsulation
1. Improves the air quality in your home
- A clean crawl space means cleaner air to breathe. You can prevent respiratory issues and other diseases with crawl space encapsulation.
2. Reduce floor damage (sagging & buckling)
- The moisture inside the crawl space can cause hardwood floors to buckle. These floor repairs are usually very costly and installing crawl space encapsulation can save you money.
3. Lower your energy bills
- Crawl space encapsulation can reduce your energy bills by up to 20%. Your heating and cooling equipment and ducts last longer with this installed.
4. Improve the value and comfort of your home
- With crawl space encapsulation, your floors won’t be cold in the winter. In the summer, your home will not be as muggy. It will also increase your home’s real estate value.
Encapsulating your crawl space provides a dry, safe, and healthy crawl space for your home or business. We only use the best encapsulation products from Earth Contact Products.
Crawl space encapsulation uses the following products:
- Crawl space vapor barrier
- Crawl space encapsulation seam tape
- Crawl space encapsulation seal tape
- Crawl space encapsulation fasteners
- Crawl space sump basin
- Crawl space vent covers
- French drain system
Crawl Space Repair
Ground Up Foundation Repair provides expert crawl space repair services that create a healthier living environment for you and your family. We will find the right crawl space encapsulation solution that suits your budget and needs.
When it comes to crawl space repair, we are the Middle Tennessee experts. Contact us today to get started with a FREE CRAWL SPACE INSPECTION.